Check back often, follow us on twitter at uwjackson and join the United Way of Jackson County Medford Group on Facebook.
We all walk with a story and he generously shared his with me on the corner in Portland. We don't have to leave town though to hear someone's story. Hope you'll hear one today.
CALL. GET CONNECTED. GET ANSWERS
United Way Impact Areas
At its core, United Way of Jackson County believes people are connected and interdependent. When we reach out a hand to one, we influence the condition of all.
We all win when children form healthy attachments through a loving family, when they succeed in school, graduate and make successful transitions to adult responsibilities.
For downloadable versions of all the tips in Spanish and English
We all win when families and individuals are financially stable...
HOPE (Helping Out People Every Day) Chest is an emergency assistance fund following the remarkably successful pilot project, Hank’s Bank.
Parameters for Receiving HOPE Chest Funds:
- Referrals must come from agencies (public or nonprofit) and advocates who have vetted the person seeking help.
- Payment will not be made directly to the person seeking help. Payments can be made to utility companies, car repair, bus tickets, rent assistance, etc.
- HOPE Chest is not for sustaining grants. It is one-time payment support.
- Payment will not exceed $350.
- Authorization for payments must be made by United Way.
- Contact information will be collected from clients for follow-up over the next six months.
- Payments cannot be used for legal fees or court fines.
Call United Way at 773.5339.
Project Community Connect
Coming again in late spring 2014.
Free tax preparation assistance.
...when people have good health, and when people are engaged and connected.
Humanity Walking Series Poster 11x17 PDF>>>
We all win when people have transportation to pursue education, access medical services and work.